GGBN 2017 Regional North American Workshop
11. April 2017 – 13. April 2017, Washington D.C.
The workshop report is available in the GGBN Document Library: https://library.ggbn.org/share/s/Zthsd4U1TWimN7XvHLXJZA
The National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution is glad to welcome you to an upcoming workshop on "Linking DNA and Tissue Collections in North America", held April 11-13 2017 in Washington D.C., USA.
Links to schedule and accomodation details can be found below.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
- Use cases: Why join GGBN, what are its applications as a shared resource, what are the benefits to your institution in particular and the research community in general?
- General information on GGBN membership, governance model, legal aspects of providing data and samples, restrictions, collaborations, etc.
- General information on the GGBN Data Portal, GGBN Data Standard and how to provide data to GGBN with IPT/DwC-A
- Streamlining the pipeline between GGBN/Specify/Arctos/iDigBio
We have slightly extended our RSVP deadline. If you are planning to attend the workshop, please send an email to Katie Barker (email@example.com) no later than February 3, 2017 to confirm your attendance. There is no registration fee associated with this workshop.
For those in need of travel support, we have prepared a Travel Support Application. Please submit your form no later than February 3, 2017 for consideration. Since Smithsonian has strict policies regarding how we can administer travel support, we ask that those applying for travel support refrain from making any travel arrangements until they have received a decision with booking instructions. We will notify you of decisions by February 17, 2017 so that there is plenty of time to make the necessary arrangements in accordance with Smithsonian policy.