GGBN relies on its strategic partnerships, associated networks, and current funders to fulfill its mission. Contact us at GGBN@si.edu to work with us to strategically increase our collections and reach the research community.
- 1 Biobanking and Bioinformatics Partners
- 1.1 China Biodiversity Conservation and Green Development Foundation
- 1.2 CryoArks
- 1.3 Entomological Collections Network (ECN)
- 1.4 European, Middle Eastern & African Society for Biopreservation and Biobanking (ESBB)
- 1.5 Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF)
- 1.6 The Global Genome Initiative for Gardens (GGI-Gardens)
- 1.7 International Society for Biological and Environmental Repositories (ISBER)
- 2 Research Partners
Biobanking and Bioinformatics Partners
Our partners included non-biodiversity biobanks, governmental agencies and other organizations that have an interest in biodiversity biobanks and/or biodiversity informatics. These partners are committed to supporting the goals of GGBN by providing technical expertise and/or participating in GGBN activities.
This partnership supports activities associated with the long-term preservation of animal samples and derivatives and the augmentation and management of the GGBN Document Library, to include animal biobanking materials for conservation-focused research efforts.
This partnership facilitates joint activities associated with biobanking and biopreservation, including the review of ISBER best practices for biorepositories.
These research networks (regional and professional associations) recognize the value that GGBN has to researchers and promotes GGBN to their members. Whenever possible, GGBN representatives are active during annual network meetings, connecting directly with the research community.
This partnership supports the goals of the EBP project, including cataloging the genome content of earth's biodiversity.