- If the opportunity for the input of personal or business data (email addresses, name, addresses) is given, the input of these data takes place voluntarily. The use and payment of all offered services are permitted - if and so far technically possible and reasonable - without specification of any personal data or under specification of anonymized data or an alias.
- GGBN servers are maintained by the Freie Universität Berlin, Botanic Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin-Dahlem and underlie German and European law. See Imprint for more information.
- GGBN.org uses open source products only.
- This data privacy statement appplies to all components and subdomains of www.ggbn.org
- Die Deutsche Version dieser Seite finden Sie hier.
The following components within the GGBN platform include the opportunity to input or record personal or business data:
GGBN Data Portal
Login with username and password is required to order samples. GGBN records business data (your email address, name and institutional address). If you don't want to input your business data you must contact the institutions via email.
The GGBN Portal Software is developed as open source software by the team of the Botanic Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin-Dahlem. More information can be found soon at http://wiki.bgbm.org/gps
Documents shared via GGBN Data Portal are open access documents or documents without copyright license only.
Login with username and password is required to create or update institutional metadata such as name of institution, address, metadata about its collection. GGBN Registry uses the Natural Collection Toolkit.
GGBN Conference System
Login with username and password is required to register for the GGBN conference. GGBN records business data (your email address, name and institutional address as well as your abstract and title of presentation). If you don't want to input your business data you must contact GGBN via email (email@example.com). The conference system uses the Open Conference System as software. The system includes a PayPal plugin. Please check the PayPal Data Privacy Statement for more information.
Login is restricted to the GGBN general secretariat and GGBN technical secretariat only. GGBN records username and password. The GGBN wiki uses MediaWiki as software. All changes made by registered users are logged.
Like most website operators, ggbn.org collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. GGBN.org’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how GGBN.org’s visitors use its website. From time to time, GGBN may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
GGBN.org also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. GGBN.org does not use such information to identify its visitors, however, and does not disclose such information, other than under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information, as described below.
GGBN uses Piwik for analyzing its website visits.