GGBN Conference 2016
From GGBN Wiki
21. June 2016 – 24. June 2016, Berlin
Thanks to everybody for such a wonderful conference! More conference pictures can be found here!
Meeting the Challenge: How to Preserve a Cross-Section of the Tree of Life
The Botanic Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin and the Museum für Naturkunde Berlin are glad to welcome you to the 2016 GGBN conference, held from June 21 through June 24, 2016, in Berlin, Germany. The Global Genome Biodiversity Network is a collaborative effort to cryo-preserve and provide access to genomic samples from across the Tree of Life. Sessions and Workshops are planned on
- Concerted collecting and sampling strategies to preserve the Tree of Life
- Sampling the lost world in Natural History collections
- Nagoya Protocol: consequences and solutions
- Knowledge exchange: natural history meets applied biobanking
- Implementing GGBN standards and best practice
The venue for this conference will be in the Berlin city-center, at andel’s Hotel near Alexanderplatz, Landsberger Allee 106, 10369 Berlin.